LawHelp Interactive creates legal forms and documents. People are asked a series of questions, and then their answers are used to tailor their documents. The site is used by legal aid advocates, pro bono lawyers, and people representing themselves. In some states forms created by LHI can be e-filed to a court or fax and filed. In 2013 LawHelp Interactive created 456,272 documents and served 817,839 guided interviews. These forms represent many legal problems: child support and custody, domestic violence, debt collection, foreclosures, evictions, and divorce. Local legal aid, pro bono, and partner courts design the forms on LawHelp Interactive. Legal experts make the templates that are used to create the forms and documents with HotDocs and A2J Author. LawHelp Interactive increases opportunities for people to get justice on their own. It also improves efficiency for access-to-justice programs. LawHelp Interactive is a project of Pro Bono Net , a nonprofit committed to increasing access to justice with technology, in cooperation with Ohio State Legal Services Association . The project is supported by the Legal Services Corporation , the State Justice Institute , and state courts in California, Montana, and New York. The HotDocs software has been donated by HotDocs Corporation . Thanks to our many collaborators, including Kaivo Software , Capstone Practice Systems , The Center for Access to Justice and Technology , and The Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction
- What is the LawHelp Interactive?
- Who is this service for?
- Do you have a legal issue, but cannot afford to pay an attorney? With LHI you can…
- Are you an advocate with a not-for-profit agency? With LHI you can…
- Are you part of a not-for-profit or court interested in making forms for you state? With LHI you can…
- Pro Bono Net
- Links to Other Website
- How We Protect Personal Information
- You May Change Your Information
- When Information Sharing Is Required
- Who We May Share Your Information With
- Can you please summarize the legal terms in plain English?
- PBN Is Not Your Lawyer
- Who May Use This Site
- Not for Commercial Use
- User information
- No Illegal Activity