Effective date: May 2018
Law Help Interactive Online Privacy Notice
At Pro Bono Net, Inc., we respect your privacy concerns. Please read this Notice to learn about:
* The kinds of personal information we collect at our site, www.lawhelpinteractive.org
* How we may use that information, and
* Who we may share it with.
This Notice also describes how we protect your personal information, and how to contact us to learn more about our privacy practices.
Information You Give Us
We will ask for some personal information that we need to prepare your legal forms, this could include your:
* Date of birth
* Social security number
* Monthly income, expenses, and property you own
* Insurance coverage
* Criminal record
* Arrest history
* Domestic violence history
* Gang affiliation history
* Personal history
We will also ask for some personal information to use our program, set up an account, and email us questions, including your:
* Name, address, zip code, phone, email, job title, workplace, or organization you belong to
* Username and password
* Personal information in messages you send us through our Email Us tool
Information Collected Automatically
Cookies: Our site may use web, HTML5, and Flash cookies. These allow us to identify your browser and remember your information, settings, and your visits at the site. We may also use other types of local storage, such as browser-
or plugin-based local storage. Most browsers give you the option of enabling, restricting, and disabling cookies. You can control Flash cookies by visiting Adobe’s FlashPlayer Settings or Settings Manager.
Note: If you disable cookies, you will not be able to use all the features of our website or our web services. That’s because the system needs to remember you to complete your forms and remember the information you provided before.
Our web server log may:
* Collect information about your device, operating system, browser, access domain, and other system settings,
* Identify your system’s language and your country and time zone,
* Record the page that referred you to our site, your device’s IP address, and the pages you visit at our site.
To control which servers collect information, we may place tags (web beacons) on our pages. We also may send software instructions to your device that collect details of your interactions with our site, such as the kind of general information listed above.
We and our service providers may use analytic services from other companies, such as Google Analytics and Piwik, to learn how visitors use our site. These services may know certain limited information about you, including your geolocation or IP address, and they share information with us and our service providers about how you use our site.
Your usage information helps us and our service providers to:
* Troubleshoot any problems and improve the site,
* Improve the products and services offered by our service providers,
* Meet our legal duties and comply with policies and procedures, and
* Know if you are a new or returning visitor.
Our service providers are committed to the responsible use of non-personally identifiable user data solely for analytics purposes. To opt out of Google Analytics, click here.
What We Do With Your Information
The information you provide at our site may be used to:
* Manage and improve the services we provide and how we communicate with you
* Create and manage your account
* Communicate with you about your account and information at our site
* Process your application(s) and respond to your requests and questions
* E-file documents and information, if you request it
* Customize your experience with the site
* Manage and update our client databases
* Perform data analytics
* Protect against fraud, and manage risk exposure
If we use your information in other ways, we will notify you when that happens.
Who We May Share Your Information With
We may share your personal information with outside service providers, such as software developers we hire to debug or improve our program, or developers of third-party software components (e.g., A2J Author, HotDocs, ZenDesk). These providers may only use or disclose your personal information to provide services to us, debug or make improvements to their software, or comply with legal requirements.
Researchers / Data Analysts
We and our service providers may also share personal information for research, academic studies, data analysis, and reports. Information for these purposes is always aggregated. That means none of the information is linked to a particular person. For example, the data we share may be used to say how many users (not the names of) live in New York. We may also share with others how many people (not who) visited our site..
We do not share information: from:
* Small categories of specific information that contain fewer than 5 people, or
* Specific categories of personal information, such as names, Social Security numbers, login and access details.
Practice Area Group / Employers
If you get an account on this site through your employer or practice group, we may disclose your personal registration information to your employer or practice group.
When Information Sharing Is Required
For some site features, such as filing documents with a court, information sharing is required. If you use those features, you will get a separate notice that explains the privacy terms for those features.
If you ask us to share your information, for example, you may ask us to send a form to the court.
For legal reasons – We may share your personal information if we have good reasons to believe we need to do so to:
* Enforce our Terms of Service,
* Protect our rights, operations, or users
* Comply with applicable law, regulation or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena
* Respond to a request from a government agency, such as law enforcement or an investigation of an illegal activity.
* Prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss
If our business structure changes – If we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets, such as during a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation, we may transfer your personal information to a third party. But that third party must agree to protect your personal information according to the terms of this Notice.
You May Change Your Information
You may change your personal information on the profile page for your account(s) at the site.
How We Protect Personal Information
We have administrative, software, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide at our site against accidental, unauthorized, or illegal access, disclosure, destruction, loss, change, and other illegal use.
To protect Social Security numbers, we limit who may access SSNs, and only allow disclosure for legally allowed purposes.
Links to Other Websites
Our site lists links to other website s that are not part of our organization. We list those links to make it easier for you to get information at their sites. We do not have control over the content or privacy policies at those sites. It’s a good idea to look at the Privacy Notices of those websites before you use them.
Please send any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice. You may also contact us about your preferences or personal information you provided at our site. Just let us know you provided that information. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Write: Pro Bono Net
151 West 30th St., 10th Floor
New York, NY 10001